Jason,

It looks like a directional array for an AM broadcast station.  Directional
arrays of this sort are used to protect other AM broadcast
station's primary service areas (i.e., reduce interference to).

The number of towers is determined by the directions that require the reduced
signal levels.  Also it may be that the towers are
re-arranged from "Daytime" to "Nighttime" as well as power changes that may be
required of the transmitting station.

Bill....WB6BNQ