Thanks for the tip Justin- I also found one for Thunderbird called "QuoteCollapse"- now I get to read just the new bits.

On 2011-05-26 03:52, Justin Pinnix wrote:
You guys should get out of the dark ages and use a modern mail client.  Then
it won't matter!

I won't name names, but the one I use is popular, has a web front end, keeps
all of my mail around in a searchable format (no need to waste your time
generating a word doc), squashes out quoted fragments of the previous
messages (puts them behind a -Show Quoted Text- link), and rhymes with
"female".  It took me a while to figure out what you guys were even
complaining about :-)

--
Cheers, Ken
vk7...@users.tasmanet.com.au

'It seems hard to sneak a look at God's cards. But that He plays dice and uses
"telepathic" methods .... is something that I cannot believe for a single
moment.'     (Einstein's famous quote on Quantum theory)
04:09:00