High Dick,

Without giving away the bank, the LMR series of coax is pretty good.  But in
reality a high quality version of the
RG-6 Cable TV coax used by the better Cable companies is quite acceptable.  If
your local Cable company is one of
those, you can usually tag one of the work trucks and get them to give you some.

I have gotten in excess of 50 feet every time I approached them.  The outer
jacket is white in color and a bit
thicker then standard 75 Ohm coax.  If your lucky they will even put good
quality "F" type connectors on for you.
There are adaptors for going between "F" and BNC.

Bill....WB6BNQ