In message <4dffbaf4.4070...@onetel.net>, "Dr. David Kirkby" writes:

>1) Higher temperature devices (like 105 deg C) will be more relieable than low
>temperature ones like the standard 85 deg C cap. I'm sure at high
>temperatures,

You should check both temperature and lifetime rating of the capactors.

There are many capacitors on the market these days with 5000h or
even 2000h rated life.

That is 7 or 3 months respectively.

And yes, it should be criminal to manufacture and sell those.

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956