From: "Tom Van Baak" <tvb@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:44 PM
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@...>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Precision Date/Time Calculations in MS SQL

I don't know how many digits are allowed for the "money" type!  <G>

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,
David

Since we all know "time is money", this will also work. But it's
probably less efficient to store nanoseconds as if they were
cents so I hope no one actually uses that decimal encoding.

.. although .. What was inefficient and to be avoided years back, may still be inefficient, but may now run as fast as integers did back then. Maybe decimal coding isn't such a bad solution? But I like your other suggestions as well.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk