I understand that, but you didn't answer my question:

Has anyone seen any failures that are attributable to heat?

50 year theoretical life vs 75 theoretical year life probably
isn't going to be too significant.  1 year life vs 10 year would
be.

These GPSDO's are made to run with their ovens powered, and hot.
Surely the manufacturer took a little time to select parts that
would survive the intended operating environment.

Cooling down an oven is not a good thing, as it simply ups the
power the oven control circuitry dumps into the oven to keep it
hot.

-Chuck Harris

Neville Michie wrote:
The manufacturers data sheet presents MTBF figures for the LPRO
and they decline considerably with higher temperatures.
Against that the power required decreases with rising temperature,
so that at 19 volt supply and 40-45*C the unit takes much lower power
and has
still has most of its expected life.
cheers,
Neville Michie

For all of this attention to cooling the oven on the Rb standards,
has anyone seen any failures that are attributable to heat?

I sort of doubt it.

-Chuck Harris