Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message<77e0fba5-aa78-4399-9562-d1274e109...@jks.com>, John Seamons writes:

I would worry a bit about the PLL locking too, but I have no idea how
to actually measure it.

I think the 1sec max gate-time is related to the eventcounter width,
but it might be possible to simulate a wider counter in software.

The obvious idea for advanced functionality is calculation of
allan deviations

The PLL sample frequency is around 0.8MHz so that trigger rates approaching this will alter the PLL loop parameters. Trigger rates greater than the PLL sample frequency (200/256MHz) will likely cause lock to be lost. The 5359 (uses the same vernier oscillator assembly) overcomes this by using a digital sample and hold to set the VCO control voltage. However periodic auto calibration by closing the loop is required to avoid drift.

Bruce