Hi

The standard NTP software does a "best of the bunch" selection when given a
large number of servers. What it considers best and what you would pick likely
are not the same thing. You stick at a few ms of error rather than getting say
a 10X improvement with 100 servers.

Custom code, custom hardware, stable routing - you can do *much* better. Of the
three, routing is normally the biggest source of error. If it's not you have a
very unusual ISP / connection / server.

Bob