On 8/24/2011 8:03 AM, gandal...@aol.com wrote:
I suspect the comments I've seen claiming most do not have the EFC  option
is more a case that in many installations it isn't used, which  isn't quite
the same thing.

Absolutely Nigel. If the thing is to be used on it's own with the top multi turn cap as the only adjustment then you link the 2.8 V output on pin 5 to pin 6, the EFC input. It looks like they were designed to suit a number of roles.

I just pulled one out of the garage and it settled on 5.00000000 after 20 minutes, so perhaps I was a bit harsh on them. Good value really at the sort of price I have bought them for on eBay, less than $10 :^) In the days before GPS and cheap Rb the Racal OCXO in my 1992 counter was the best standard I had, apart from my 50 [?] year old Sulzer maybe.

But I will still defer tracing out the circuit until I need to pull one apart :^)

Dan