Just a FYI, some claim Ronsonol butane isn't very pure as compared to other brands. Some lighter manufacturers suggest not to use it in their devices. I have no idea what trace substances they object to.

Reality? Who knows. Seems most butane comes out of Korea and could simply be repackaged/branded.

Hopefully there are few smokers on the list, and if you do, don't smoke near your instruments. I only use a lighter for camping. You guys in the UK have the best: Turboflame. I've repaired (soldered) antennas in the field with a turboflame.
http://www.turboflame.co.uk/
Try lighting an Esbit square with a regular lighter versus a turbo.