Jim Palfreyman wrote:
Paul, a cricket pitch is 20 m. Sure when the curator draws the lines it is
12cm longer, (and I guarantee s/he uses a metric measure) but when we pace
it out for backyard cricket - its 20 m.

Also my American friends, all your imperial measurements are DEFINED in
terms of metric. eg your inch is 25.4 mm exactly. By definition. It has
been estimated you could save a trillion dollars a year in your economy by
converting - which you will ultimately do. I just hope it is in my
lifetime.

I have to wonder how scrapping all of our gas pumps, road signs, cooking
utensils, and most of our manufacturing machines would save us a trillion
dollars a year.  Sounds like wishful thinking.

I would sure like to see how that number was arrived at!

-Chuck Harris