Just did the pot addition to my FE5086 and it works very well
The systems still warming up and its actually apart with external heat
sinks for cooling so I can get to places.
Hitting 8.6 ^ -12 after first eyeball adjustment on the scope drifting 5 ns
in 9:36 minutes. Time to flip from scope mode to 5371 counter ns drift
timing so I don't have to stick around.
Hardest part is attaching the 100K resistor to the ic. Boy thats small.
I plan to bring the leads out through the fake pot hole to a nice 10 turn
pot for control. I also have counters for the pots.

I also do not have the 1 pps out. Not that it matters to me actually. I did
probe around looking just for the heck of it and no luck.

Further updates
Created a excel drift calculator for use with readouts from 5371 counter.
Final setting so far 4.76E-12.
Clearly on my unit the pot I am using could be better and I need to adjust
the range for about 0-3vdc. Had been using the 8 V regulated supply.
Thanks David and Arthur for the thread and mod.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL