Of course, others can do as they wish, but why install something
special if the built-in client does well enough? I used to have
something special (can't remember which product it was), but when I
discovered that the regular client did just as well for my purposes, I
removed it.
[]
--
Anthony

I answered your first question on my Web page here:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html#why

Should you become interested in precise time (look at the list name!), you may well remove the built-in client, and move to the Windows port or reference NTP. If what you have works well enough for you (and I note your comments about your server and LAN setup), and you can manage and control it as well as you need, no need to change.

By the way, our application requires the time to be within a second or so - it's for determining aircraft position by multilateration. The Windows port of reference what we recommend.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk