li...@lazygranch.com said:
> I don't see how the thread was hijacked. I hit reply, but cleared the
> subject line and text in the original message.

You didn't cleanup the headers.  Your message contained:

om>

> No other forums have issues with this.

There are two ways to do threading.  One is by Subject.   The other is by
headers like the above.  Some mail systems use one, some use the other.  If
most of the people in a group/forum/list use software that does it by Subject
there might not be anybody who notices and complains when a thread gets
hijacked.

If you want to send a message to a list/group/whatever, it's just as easy to
hit Compose and cut/paste the target address as it is to hit Reply and clean
out the junk.