On 31/01/12 07:27, Javier Herrero wrote:
El 31/01/2012 02:52, Magnus Danielson escribió:
On 31/01/12 02:20, Bob Camp wrote:
Hi

Simple answer is don't bother.

More complex answer - of course you can. You will get a forest of
spikes (every 5, MHz or so ).

Also, since the 5,3 MHz is modulated, 1,4 kHz apart is the two
signals, and then a skirt of side-bands as the frequency modulation is
relatively quick.

It's not clean.

BTW. A fun hack would be to hook up the 63,8976 MHz OCXO in
replacement of the 60 MHz and then re-adjusting the DDS to 2.35645
MHz, as the 107s overtone of the OCXO minus the new DDS frequency hits
the Rb resonance.

And then we will have a not less fun 10.6469MHz and 0.939Hz outputs :)
However, if the DDS can easily be reprogrammed to large offsets (and the
output filter is a simple lowpass...), that idea is very useful if you
need an strange frequency and have an OCXO at 6x that extrange frequency ;)

We seems to get those OCXOs alongside anyway, so I was just toying with the idea to see what kind of performance that would give us. A quieter OCXO. For more ordinary frequency output, an additional DDS like the original 5680 would be nice.