Hi

Here is a little more on how much of a problem you have.

If you would like the spurs to be down 70 dbc at 10 GHz. They go up by 20 log
N. in this case N is 1000. That gets you 60 db. Spurs at 10 MHz would have to
be down at -130 dbc to make it at 10 GHz.

If you want noise over 10 KHz to be 60 db down, it goes by 10 log BW. That gets
you to 1 Hz noise at -100. The same 60 db to 10 MHz then applies. You would
need -160 dbc phase noise at 10 MHz to hit that.

Both of those would be hard to hit with any Rb. Fortunately you can use a multi
step multiplication chain. Once you make that decision, noise and spurs on the
Rb are not a big issue.

Bob