On the train this morning I picked up a copy of the Metro (there are usually numerous copies on any train, as its free and does not take long to read).

There was an article about financial institutions being concerned about the time of their clocks being purposely altered by GPS manipulation so someone can gain a trading advantage. I guess if you can make London a bit slow, then you can determine if stocks have risen/fallen on other markets and chose to buy or sell based on that fact. I guess you would need a few seconds if the decisions were made by humans, but perhaps microseconds would be enough if the decisions were made by computer.

I can't seem to find a copy of the article online.

Funny thing is there was a fictional TV program a week or so ago where criminals claimed to be delaying supposedly real-time data to gain an advantage. But in fact they were not in the plot - they just told other criminals this story.