The theodolite is not a problem, I use a distant street lamp (4Km away) as a referred object (RO) to set azimuth, and with the usual levelling it takes moments to set the co-ordinates of a chosen star. The RO is observed by one of several methods to get a good azimuth. It is chosen to be visible by day or night. Then I listen to the clock ticks and watch the star cross the graticule. The star co-ordinates are from an ephemeris.
You can repeat with the same star or others at later times.
I have not looked at the sidereal time on Lady Heather yet, I was unaware of it.

cheers, Neville Michie