On 3/5/12 3:45 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message<20120305113804.48fc411b...@karen.lavabit.com>, "Charles P. Steinmet
z" writes:

Technical merit aside, I doubt there is any chance of getting
regulatory approval for such a system, at least in the US, for
practical and political reasons.

Indeed, it's absolutely out of the question, as you well know all
our problems these days are there isn't enough God in the constitution
or something.

Thats why some people in the military is looking into a modern
more lightweight version of "Tactical Loran" for use when GPS is jammed.

What about the Locata folks? That's a tactical GPS replacement of sorts.. precision position and time over a small area (or indoors).

BTW, I think the idea of using PN coded LF or VLF signals is a good one. These days, doing the correlation and such is fairly easy.