On 3/8/2012 10:08 AM, J. Forster wrote:
The media is reporting a large solar storm and saying it will upset GPS
among other things.

Has anybody see any effects?

I won't be able to look at the data until I get home from work tonight, but last evening I started measuring the sawtooth-corrected output of a CNS2 clock vs. the PPS output of an Rb standard. Wondering if I'll see any glitches... if so I'll report back here.

There was a major solar event in December, 2006 and at the time I was monitoring GPS signal strength. I got a very noticeable glitch at the time the blast hit the earth:
http://febo.com/pages/gps_solar_flare/

Unfortunately, I didn't have an appropriate PPS measurement going on at the time.

John