gary schrieb:
Just meditating out loud, if you were to go push pull with a ferrite antenna AND you are winding it yourself, you could avoid the biasing resistors by putting a center tap in the antenna itself, then tie that center tap to an appropriate bias voltage. I haven't seen this done, so their may be a gotcha with that scheme, but the science is good.

Works with SA602. A russian web-site shows differential turns on a ferrite rod. <tested>

Generally you will get a lower noise circuit if the input device is an amplifier rather than a buffer.

Yep.

Lanksford's input stage is essentially a push pull buffer, but I don't see that cancelling 2nd harmonics like a push pull amp. But for a whip, which is a single ended input, I don't see a way to get a differential input. Not true for a ferrite antenna.

You can transformer couple the input. Then the whip is at DC and it is possible to let DC-current to ground. <tested>

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info