On 04/22/2012 10:47 PM, b...@lysator.liu.se wrote:
With factory default settings with 2 PRS-10s, connecting 1PPS_out from one
unit to 1PPS_in on the other, would not align the 1PPS_out pulses. They
were off by several hundred of ns. It was probably an operator error
somewhere. We just did not find the error in the time frame we had
available.

Interlocking two oscillators like that might be a really bad idea, as the PLL will have a gain, so risk having a gain loop, especially when the oscillators have the same default parameters being setup. This is similar to the form of long PLL chain analysis that has been simulated using a single PLL and a delay-loop. The peaking gain at the PLL bandwidth is what kills it.

If there is input and/or output non-linearities in the latest calibration parameters, that may be a reason they locked up in a strange situation.

Using a common PPS pulse as input and then compare the output PPS pulses is a much more valid test.