It seems these sellers can at least do a go/no-go test. Sure they can't quantify the products, but they can qualify them.

So you just get the PCB and no case?

I'm just irked that nowadays all these units are from China. If you wizards want to do an open source gpsdo, count me in.

A bit OT, but if you follow mode-s receivers, eventually the "Beast" will be using a timing reference for MLAT (multilateralization) use.
http://www.modesbeast.com/product.html
Once the next generation Beast is running, there will be some non-timenut demand for gpsdos.

When I found 3 new old stock Symetricom Starlocs at the Livermore swap meet for $30 a pop, the surplus gods were looking down on me.