Hal,

On 05/14/2012 09:54 PM, Hal Murray wrote:

mag...@rubidium.dyndns.org said:
I had the same problem with a GPS antenna at work. Somebody had put the
manufactures label over the porus plug that should have vented out any
water... but it didn't so I had too high water-level inside the antenna.

How does water get in?

I'm not doubting that it does, just trying to understand the mechanism.

There are many ways. No of the joints is perfectly water-blocking, and the plastic itself isn't perfectly water-rejecting. Water will get in there, so you better leak it out. It was the build-up that killed it, not the smaller amounts of water in itself.