On 07/ 7/12 05:43 PM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
On 07/07/2012 06:21 PM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

I can confirm that I'm 100% sure that the polarization of the two
antennas needs to be the same - i.e. both RHCP or both LHCP. I built two
of them for RHCP, and got appreciate gain.

Despite what other may say, there does seem to be a lot of confusion
about this issue, but I've satisfied myself by building them and testing
the gain using a VNA as the signal source and detector.

We had this straighten out about a month ago, and me posting more or
less as I landed from a transatlantic flight wasn't optimum (tired and
waving hands didn't help, as I got it wrong).

RHCP should match RHCP and LHCP should match LHCP.

I must admit, I was pretty convinced a month ago they should match, but there is nothing like actually verifying something experimentally.

Dave