Grant wrote:

I tamed the provided switching power supply noise with some L's and C's, and am now looking at the 10MHz output on a spectrum analyzer. Here is what I measured:

10MHz   +9dbm
20MHz    -50dbm
30MHz   -37dbm
no obvious higher harmonics
broad noise envelope at 60 > 75MHz @  -60dbm peak

Are these results typical or might I have an adjustment or other problem?

I unhooked my primary Tbolt from the distribution system and ran it straight into the 50 ohm input of a SA. My results:

     10 MHz     +12.66 dBm
     20 MHz     -57.85 dBc
     30 MHz     -59.54 dBc
     40 MHz      below noise floor
     50 MHz     -67.78 dBc

My noise floor was about -80 dBm (~ -90 dBc). I saw nothing else above this floor from DC to 150 MHz except for 60 Hz (at -83 dBc). Surprisingly, the power line harmonics were all below the noise floor.

Best regards,

Charles