In this green era here in the USA there is a big push toward CFL lighting.
Problem is I can see my CFL lighting on my PN measurements and other equipment.
I am finding it is very noisy so I have started researching cost effective LED
lighting and was amazed at what is available. On eBay there are 10 to 100 watt
raw chips for $2-25.00  but that is equal to about 5 times the lumen of
incandescent lighting. I was going to try building the heat sinks and supply
into my existing bench fixtures.
I will post more info soon.
Thomas Knox