"Best" of course is such a vague question. Best For 5MHz today is a Cesium
Fountain used periodicly to calibrate 6-12 Symmetricom 5071A option 004
disciplining 5-6 Symmetricom Hydrogen Masers  disciplining 5-6 Oscilloquartz
8607 option 08 BVA's.  I am a part owner in just such a system. Notice the
system ends with quartz and I think therein lies the key. I am a big believer
that for the best system find the best piece of quartz you budget can afford.
On eBay I would currently I would argue that the Datum 1000B's for around
4-500USD is the way to go.  From my experience how you steer it and set up your
GPS or other timing source is important but only a major factor if you do
something wrong.

Thomas Knox

1-303-554-0307