On 10/31/12 6:17 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:

Please read John Plumb's paper:
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/ptti2002/paper29.pdf

and Rick Hambly's paper:
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/ptti2002/paper9.pdf

At JPL, most of the calibration and performance testing and such is done using an antenna outside with actual signals, rather than a test set (although we do have some fancy signal simulators).

Depending on what data you can get out of your receiver, working with the GIPSY offline processing system might be useful. IN a post processing sense, you can determine what your receiver *should* have been returning.

This morning, I was in a meeting where the JPL GPS folks were talking about improving the terrestrial reference frame accuracy from cm scale to mm scale over the next few years (and tieing it to celestial references as well). This has to account for all the things like solid earth tides, plate movement, etc.