On 11/3/2012 6:32 AM, Sarah White wrote:

/Wonder if there is any sensible way to petition microsoft to fix this
stupid mistake dating back to the DOS era. Windows 8 / metro is out now,
and I can't bloody stand the changes. Would be nice if windows 7 had an
update to fix this issue:

//http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687252/

The knowledge base article you report suggests a fix which consists in
eliminating one entry
of the Windows registry. I checked, and my Windows XP Professional + SP3 does
not have
that entry. So probably Microsoft did already issue a fix for that, in one of
the many updates
released. I keep my Windows always up-to-date, applying each and every fixes
issued by
Microsoft.  Doing this, I have never had problems.

73  Alberto  I2PHD