The Clock-Block is a clock generator that is useful if you want to replace the
computer's onboard crystal clock with an external high-stability source.  For
example, you can configure it to take a 10 MHz input from a GPSDO and create a
14.318182 MHz output to replace the crystal in a PC that uses that frequency.
The external clock improves the NTP system's short term stability because the
typical PC crystal is quite temperature sensitive and overall just isn't very
good.

You do not need to use something like the Clock-Block to build a very good NTP
server, but if you want to build the *ultimate* server it is part of the mix.

John