On 1/2/13 4:46 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
Hi

That's the point I've been trying to make for about a month now. At some point,
for a hobby project, the cost of the CPU becomes irrelevant. In my book, once
the CPU goes below the price of lunch at McDonalds, it really doesn't matter
much.

yes.. it's all about ease of interfacing and ease of programming. (unless you're making hundreds or 1000s of them)

This is why Arduino is so popular.. dead simple for a lot of hackery kinds of things. The "first steps" on the learning stairway are pretty darn low (to the point that *artists* use them <grin>.. what is the world of computers coming to?)