Hi Tom yes I have produced some similar plots I think they get "cold feet" about 70deg N. I'm not sure of the actual value it is a long time since I played with that last.
Alan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Van Baak" <t...@leapsecond.com> To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@febo.com>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] GPS antenna??

Aren't GPS birds all over the sky. South facing is for the Clarke belt.

Well, mostly all over, but with higher probability facing up, east, west, and towards the equator compared to significant "black hole" towards the pole. For example, see the GPS reception sky map of John's TBolt: http://ke5fx.com/heather/readme.htm

For those of you down under, the hole is south rather than north, of course.

/tvb