I hope no one minds if I take a moment to reflect.
Crystals are a great example of what can be accomplished today in physics and
how far we still have to go. Crystals are still really is as much art as
science. I think that is what draws me to draw of Time and Freq,  one day you
can be taking measurements at stunning levels of precision, and the next day
humbled attempting to resolve issues in the most basic measurement. I think it
is this aspect of Time and Freq that makes the Time Nuts community such an
invaluable resource, since that collective knowledge can often bridge the gap
between art and science.
Thanks to all that contribute.
Thomas Knox