Hi

On Jul 3, 2013, at 3:51 PM, jmfra...@cox.net wrote:

> http://www.navipedia.net/index.php/WAAS_Signal_Structure
>
> Doppler Shift: The Doppler shift, as perceived by a stationary user, on the
> signal broadcast by WAAS GEOs is less than 40 meters per second (≈210 Hz at
> L1)

So unless you can measure and correct for the doppler, you are at a few hundred
Hz at 1.5 GHz. 150 Hz would be 0.1 ppm. That's not very accurate.

> in the worst case (at the end of life of the GEOs). The Doppler shift is due
> to the relative motion of the GEO.
> Carrier Frequency Stability: The short term stability of the carrier
> frequency (square root of the Allan Variance) at the input of the user´s
> receiver antenna will be better than 5x10-11 over 1 to 10 seconds, excluding
> the effects of the ionosphere and Doppler.
> Polarization: The broadcast signal is right-handed circularly polarized. The
> ellipticity will be no worse than 2 dB for the angular range of ±9.1o from
> boresight.
> Code/Carrier Frequency Coherence: The lack of coherence between the broadcast
> carrier phase and the code phase shall be limited. The short term (<10sec)
> fractional frequency difference between the code phase rate and the carrier
> frequency shall be less than 5x10-11 (one sigma). Over the long term (<100
> sec), the difference between the change in the broadcast code phase (convert
> to carrier cycles) and the change in the broadcast carrier phase shall be
> within one carrier cycle (one sigma).

Once you are past 100 seconds, there's essentially no spec. One cycle per 100
sec is a lot, even at 1.5 GHz

> Correlation Loss: Correlation loss is defined as the ratio of output powers
> from a perfect correlator for two cases: 1) the actual receiver WAAS signal
> correlated against a perfect unfiltered PN reference, or 2) a perfect
> unfiltered PN signal normalized to the same total power as the WAAS signal in
> case 1. The correlation loss resulting from modulation imperfections and
> filtering inside the WAAS satellite payload is less than 1 dB.

If you are only after the carrier, the code stuff pretty much does not matter.

Bob