On 9/28/13 3:55 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
Just to satisfy my curiosity: what's easiest to detect galactic pulse emitter
(regardless of type), and what's the minimum setup to reliably look at it,
whether it's just during night time, or whatever.  Just seeking perspective, I
haven't just won the lottery.

In another post in this thread, I put some links to some amateur pulsar receiving efforts. It looks like you need about 5-10 meters of aperture and a decent LNA. Someone was receiving Crab Nebula at about 0.5 dB SNR with a 20+ foot dish.

IF you know the period of the pulsar, you can time average.