That fix presumes that the power line never quits at
inappropriate times.  This winter has provided me with
ample reminders that power can go out anytime.

I think a better solution would be to find a very large
"super cap" and power the BBB from that while giving it
a power fail interrupt to quickly sync the file system.

-Chuck Harris