Wouldn't those types of problems tend to make the result worse in some obvious
way, instead of better than expected?  I'm getting an ADC swing from about .7V
to about 2.4V; which corresponds to the usual diode sink at .7V and probably
just blind luck with the 2.4V max being so close to the 2.5V VRef.

In the plot below, I zapped the DAC on my system to get a picture of the charge
ramp.  The red dots are the TIC with the 10ns uncorrected jitter from a nav
receiver.  The purple is a 30 second rolling average.  Am I right in thinking
this is a typical RC charge ramp?  Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just
trying hard to understand.

http://www.evoria.net/AE6RV/TIC/ChargeRamp.png

Bob