I would assume that using two voltage regulators will spread the load. For the AD9851 I'am planning to put external radiator glued on top of it.

Regards,

V.P.

those parts dissipate a fair amount of heat, and they're not very big.
If you turn on everything in the 9854 AND run it at 300 MHz clock, it
draws about 1.2 Amps (@ 3.3V) which is about 4 Watts.. that's a lot of
power to get out of the part and keep Tj reasonable. Board layout to
get the heat out is very important.  If they get too hot, they start
to act flaky.  You get extra spurs and more importantly, they don't
respond to the programming properly (e.g. you send the serial stream
to program frequency X, and instead it programs some different
frequency).

"The heat sink of the AD9854ASVZ 80-lead TQFP package must
be soldered to the PCB. "

"Adequate dissipation of heat from the AD9854 relies on all
power and ground pins of the device being soldered directly to
a copper plane on a PCB. In addition, the thermally enhanced
package of the AD9854ASVZ has an exposed paddle on the
bottom of the package that must be soldered to a large copper
plane, which, for convenience, can be the ground plane."
--
WBW,

V.P.