Hej Ulf,

On 05/08/2014 01:14 AM, Ulf Ralberg wrote:
Bought an LPRS-01 on eBay too. Of course it only locked for a few
seconds. Got some valuable hints from Magnus Danielsson that steered me
in the right direction - the VCXO was probably saturated. After some
inspection, I conluded there were no trimcap to set VCXO mid frequency.
But there is a trimpot associated to the 20 MHz crystal circuitry, just
in front of the 20 MHz Xtal (the bigger one of two attached to the
physics package).

Actually, this is the trimcap which sets the VCXO mid frequency.
Good that you found it and reported on it here.

The said trimpot was originally set to about 1 o'clock
and fixed by lacquer. Removing the lacquer and turning it CCW about
30-40 degrees gave good values reported back from the 'M' command _after
locking_:

8C 70 BF AB 80 80 AB DA

Now my LPRS works like a dream, thank you Magnus!

You're welcome!

Oh, welcome to the time-nuts! Maybe introduce yourself and tell us a little about your rig and what you are doing. :)

Back in the days, Ulf and I worked for the same company.