Hi All -- Sorry if this is off-topic, but you all have a lot of experience with equipment. I just picked up a 6061A and I'm happy to say it mostly works. But... at frequencies below 250 MHz, as the frequency output is decreased, the level drops too, and starting from +12dBm (rated out, more-or-less), by 20MHz, the positive peak of the sine wave is flattening -- this progression of level drop and increasing distortion keeps on until the bottom at 10kHz, where the level is over 4dB low and distortion is fairly significant.

I'm a complete novice to this instrument and to synthesizers in general. I can use some tips about what circuits or parts might be causing this, or where to look to start on a fix. I do have a manual with schematics. I seem to recal reading that there is a Low Band circuit that works at 245MHz and below, so it seems like that may be where to start looking. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

I welcome off-list comments if that seems most appropriate.

Dick Moore