Hi Corby,

On 05/30/2014 07:26 PM, cdel...@juno.com wrote:
Hi,

I usually don't use drift removal as I want to see the effects of drift!

Yes, but the drift effect is not best represented in the ADEV, but phase or frequency plots however.

The effects of oscillators locking together are very apparent on both the
phase and AD plots when using a DMTD system. There was no indications of
such locking!

Good to hear.

My point was that if you are measuring ultrastable Quartz oscillators
against each other the AD at the higher Tau will not reflect the true
stability of the oscillators.

Only a Maser or high performance Rubidium (HP5065A) will reveal the true
behavior.

Would you care to give example plots to illustrate what difference you mean?