I just did a little shopping after Tom's recommendation on USGlobalSat pucks. Here is a little more detail.

BU-353-S4 is the current USB version
BR-355-S4 is the Serial version

Not as "dirt cheap" as Mark's unit, these close to $40 each, but reasonable with enclosures, ready to go. In the US I found Amazon a little cheaper than eBay listings.

Serial has a PS-2-style connector but needs an adapter for connection to PC. Connector pin-out is here...
http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-689-br-355-s4.aspx#images/product/large/689.jpg

-Rex