Said,

... and deprive us from cheap surplus oscillators of good performance?
What where you thinking? :)

But I agree fully with your point, people don't understand how their poorly speced requirements translate into cost and design-time.

Accurate time to the fs for no budget is what you can expect if they push their wishlist, but they have seen the E-18 numbers in some fancy article, so as is now possible. I think not (mixing time and frequency numbers is just what you can expect among other things).

Also, ADEV numbers isn't everything, it can be a splendid answer to the incomplete and incorrect asked question.