To: <time-nuts@febo.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 5:09 PM
Subject: [time-nuts] Noise and non-linear behaviour of ferrite transformers

Hi,

I'm currently looking at some way of breaking the ground loop between
several systems. The obvious idea would be to use transformers. I would
like to have some kind of rule of thumb to guess how much noise such
a transformer would add. But unfortunately i cannot find any theory
or measurements of this. Does anyone have some pointers to documents
on what kind of noise i could expect (type, and strength) and
what/how strong the non-linear behaviour of transformers would be?

Thanks in advance

Attila Kinali

PS: although this started as something with a real application in mind,
i'm now interested in this as an endavour of its own. So all and any data,
theory or rule of thumb would be appreciated

--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous