Corby wrote:

I'm working to replicate an oven controller and the schematic I have
states to check the leakage resistance of the .01uf integration capacitor
at 50 degrees C.
   *   *   *
What would be considered good at that temperature and how would I measure
it?

If you CAN measure it, without extraordinary measures, it is probably not suitable. Some bench DVMs (e.g., Fluke 8050A) have conductance ranges that measure very low conductances (high resistances).

Also what type capacitor to use? Polycarbonate???

Polycarbonate is very difficult to find these days. Of today's common dielectrics, it's a split decision between PP (polypropylene) and PPS (polyphenylene sulfide). PPS handles higher temperatures, but PP has better insulation resistance at elevated temperatures. Another possibility would be PTFE, if one will physically fit. Finally, a C0G (NP0) ceramic could be a good choice.

Best regards,

Charles