     From: Bob Camp <kb...@n1k.org>
 To: Bob Stewart <b...@evoria.net>; Discussion of precise time and frequency
measurement <time-nuts@febo.com>
 Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:12 AM
 Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361/Z3812A GPSDO initial setup

Hi

If the Z3810/11/12 is like the other HP / Symmetricom boxes (and I’d bet it is):

1) It will go into survey and sync relatively slowly compared to some of the
other units.

2) It’s got a less sensitive / lower channel count receiver than stuff like
Said’s new part.

3) It will take a *long* time to get to it’s best stability operating point.
Think weeks / months not hours.

4) It has pretty good environmental rejection. You won’t see much (as in any)
benefit in a normal basement / always locked installation.

5) It’s phase noise isn’t as good as some units. (like a TBolt )

6) Lady Heather does not play well with one :(

My guess is that the Z3805 has pretty much the same “stuff” in it. They both
come from the same era and (may) have the same MTI OCXO in them.

Bob