Hi Bob,

I connected 10 MHZ test jack output to a 15 db el-cheepo CATV amp and the
output of that to a 4 way splitter.  Splitter outputs went to 3336-3586 and
counter.  All seem to like the ref signal.  Output of the amp takes makes the
semi-square wave into a sick saw tooth.  Amp is only rated from 50 to 500 mhz
so strange things are happening with 10 MHZ input.  Other CATV amps do have
better low fx response - will play with that later.

I have 10 mhz pulse from Lucent into trigger input of 465 scope and Thunderbolt
gps output into vertical input of scope.  Time base is set for .01 Usec per
div. I notice that trace moves right to left then left to right about every 5
min or so.  Moves about 3 div before changing directions.  Why?  Is the Lucent
still making a list?  It has only been on for a few hours.  It takes about 10
min for GPS to go out from a cold start. (My Thunderbolt and RB do not change
direction when using one as trigger and the other for vert input to scope)

I ordered a USB to RS422 converter cable - will be here next week.  What
program is sort of working?  Using Windoze 7 64bit and have an old XP machine
available.

Sure do appreciate all the info from our time nuts gurus!

73,

Bill, WA2DVU
Cape May, NJ

---