On 11/18/14, 8:04 AM, paul swed wrote:
I just picked up the si5351a and the thing that jumps out at mee is the 228
registers to program.
Granted it lets you create just about any frequency and there is a good
program that tells you what to set the registers to. But 228 registers is a
lot.
The traditional I2C is indeed simple. Make sure you watch the LSB order and
setup times.
I see there are various ebay class boards to connect to usb for a few $ and
also boards that let you program in Windows studio as an example.
Or as you want to do straight out of a micro.

yes, there are a lot of registers, but there is some code out there to manage them, which I haven't actually looked at.

The micro I'm using does I2C quite nicely, and I've used it for a variety of devices.

I was wondering more about RF aspects.. How much Power supply rejection do these things have (yeah, the ap note shows a single bypass cap, but that may be "good enough to demonstrate function")... and how much harmonic output content is there.