Hi Bob,

On 12/01/2014 05:54 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
I've just won a "Symmetricom / Datum PRS45A PRS45-0001K - Single Cesium PRS-45
DS1" on ebay from a guy in the Netherlands.  It's listed as used in good working
condition, so ebay should protect me if it's not.  Hopefully he has the training to get
it to me.

It seems to also be known as a "TImeCesium".  I've been looking around on the
internet, and I don't find a lot of information on these other than the user document on
N4IQT's site.  Is anyone using one of these, and do you have the software for it?

I bet it has the same cesium platform as my Telecom Solutions, and then the FTS-4065 software on the RS-232 port should be exactly what you want.

PRS = Primary Reference Source - the ANSI SONET term which is also associated with Stratum 1. The two DS1 outputs is means to feed the PDH/SONET network in the 1,544 Mb/s hierarchy.

I had a tool for pulling that datastream out of it, but it was relative easy to write a tool from the FTS manual as I recall it, but I never got around to do it. You do want to record the output of the RS-232 to a log, so you can monitor the state of it and see how it behavves.